The Field Museum is located at Lake Shore Drive next to Lake Michigan, Chicago Illinois.
A part of a scenic complex was known as Museum Campus Chicago. It is the popular cultural attraction in Chicago. The museum, founded in 1906, is organized into four major departments: Geology, Anthropology, Botany und Zoology. The Architect of the Field Museum of Natural History (commonly abbreviated to FMNH or The Field Museum) is Daniel H. Burnham & Co. Some prized exhibits at the Field Museum include: the largest major mapping exhibit ever assembled; Sue, the largest complete fossil skeleton of Tyrannosaurus rex; a comprehensive set of human cultural anthropology exhibits, including artefacts from ancient Egypt, the Pacific Northwest and Tibet; a large collection of Native American artefacts and so on. The Field Museum was added to the National Register of Historic Places on September 5, 1975. During the 1950s and 1960s, it was officially known as the "Chicago Natural History Museum" but eventually the still-popular name "Field Museum" was restored.
>>> Graham, Anderson, Probst & White