The architectural firm was founded in 1956 by Bea and Walter Betz in Munich.
The company has further two branches, one in Würzburg since 1965 and one in Berlin since 1988.
Mostly undisturbed by trends, they have created buildings that continually emphasize the value of atmospheric qualities that sensually convey architecture to its users.
Their fields of work are office and administrative buildings, school and university buildings, residential buildings and complexes, and cultural facilities. Al the buildings with their signature language of irregular floor plans and large, clear surfaces.
Awards for Walter & Bea Betz
- Award German Architects, Bavaria, 1971 and 1981
- Culture Awards for Architects, Munich, 1973
- Civic Trust Award, London, 1979
- British Concrete Society Award, 1979
Important works by Walter & Bea Betz
- High-School Lise-Meitner, near Munich
- Subway Station Olympia Einkaufszentrum - U1, Munich
- Subway Station Olympia Einkaufszentrum - U3, Munich
- Central Headquarters HypoVereinsbank, Munich
- Office Center Nymphenburger Straße, Munich
- Central Spa Building, Bad Reichenhall
- Hotel Berlin, Berlin
- State Criminal Justice Office, Berlin
- Freie Universität Berlin - Dept. of History and Cultural Studies, Berlin
- German Archeological Institute, Istanbul, Turkey
- Congress Center, Karachi, Pakistan
- House Gautier, Starnberg
- German EXPO Pavilion, Osaka, Japan
- High-School Unterhaching, near Munich
- German Embassy, London, England
- Office Building, Laboratory and Residential House Meissner, Maidbronn
- Office and Commercial Building Baumöhl - Isar Amper Werke, Munich
- Office Building Löwenbräu, Munich
- Mayersche Hofkunstanstalt - workshop building, Munich
- Townhouses Falkensee, Berlin