New York, Flat Iron Building
The Flatiron Building was built in 1902 designed by Chicago's Daniel Burnham (1846 – 1912) in the Beaux-Arts style. It is about 86 metres, 22 floor and used as an office building. The Flatiron Building was called the Fuller Building during the construction. The building, at 175 Fifth Avenue in the borough of Manhattan, sits on a triangular island block at 23rd Street, Fifth Avenue, and Broadway, anchoring the end of Madison Square. The Flatiron Building was the first building to become a romantic symbol of New York. The design was influenced by architectural trends introduced at the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago and combines elements of French and Italian Renaissance architecture.