The Metropolis Building is a former insurance company headquarters on the crossing of Calle de Alcalá and Gran Vía in Madrid. The construction started in 1907 by the French architects Jules Fevrier and Raymond Fevrier. The Spanish architect Luis Esteve finished the construction in 1910. The building was inaugurated on 21 January 1911. In 1975 the winged statue of victory designed by Federico Coullaut Valera was put on the top of the building instead of the original phoenix.