Verkh Isetskiy Metallurgical Plant, VIZ Steel Ltd.
The Verh-Istetsky Steel Works were founded by W. Henning in 1726 as an additional factory for the Yekatarinenburg Plant. Steel, canons and canon balls were produced there. In the middle of the 18th Century, the manufacturer Savva Yakovlev became the factory owner, which his descendants managed until 1918. At the beginning of the 19th Century, Verh-Isetsky Steel Plant was fomous for its high-quality sheet iron. After the Revolution, the plant was nationalized. In 1973, a new production complex for transformer steel was built. Nowadays, VIZ-Steel Ltd. is a leading plant in Russia that produces cold-rolled electric steel.