In 1854, copper ore was found on the territory of the Verh-Isetsky Plant, originally founded by W. Henning, and the mine was opened there. A few years later, a new copper-smelting plant was built there. During the Revolution and the Civil War, mining works and copper production were shutdown so that the plant was closed down in 1926. In September 1929, the construction of a new copper electrolytic plant began, and the mining works also resumed operation. In 1934, the first anodes were produced. After World War II, the worker settlement near the plant was renamed Verhnaya Pyshma, and production was modernized. Nowadays, Uralelectromed is one of t he largest electrolytic copper refineries in Europe.