Georg von Dollmann
Georg von Dollmann (1830–1895) was a German architect and Bavarian government building officer.
Georg von Dollmann was born on 21 October 1830 in Ansbach as Georg Carl Heinrich Dollmann.
In 1846 he moved to Munich and received his technical and artistic education at the Polytechnical Institute and the Academy of Fine Arts.
His first significant independent work was the neo-Gothic Church of the Holy Cross in Giesing (now part of Munich), which was built 1866–1883.
In 1869/1870, in five separate planning phases he designed the project of a Byzantine palace; however it was never realized.
Between 1870 and 1872 he expanded the hunting house in Linderhof by a U-shaped building complex, whose centre was the stately bedroom.
In 1874, Dollmann took over the direction of the building activities at Neuschwanstein Castle (started in 1869) from Eduard Riedel.