Useful Information aboutITALY

Genoa, Palazzo Rosso

Genoa, Palazzo Brignole-Sale, Galleria di Palazzo Rosso

The Palazzo Brignole-Sale was built by Pietro Antonio Corradi in the seventeenth century for the Ridolfo brothers and Gio Francesco Brignole Sale. In 1874, Duchess of Galliera, the last of the line in her family, donated the building and the art collections in it to the city. The rooms are covered with frescoes by Ligurian artists from the seventeenth century like G. De Ferrari, D. Piola, A. Carlone and B. Guidobono. Today there are works from the 15th to the 17th centuries including sculptures, mirrors, porcelain and paintings.

>>> pricing for this image

>>> Pietro Antonio Corradi

>>> Galleria di Palazzo Rosso

Share