The Palazzo Doria Spinola was built between 1541 and 1543 on the corner of Via Roma and St. Catherine’s hill designed by B. Cantone and G.B. Castello. It was built for the Admiral Antonio Doria. The frescoed façade, was painted by the Calvi school (16th century), while the splendid internal decorations are the work of F Calvi and the two Cambiasos: Giovanni and his son Luca. There are magnificent depicitions of Venice, Milan, Florence, Jerusalem, Anversa, Genova and Naples.