London’s Natural History Museum houses one of the world’s most extensive compilations of natural history-related artefacts and it was part of the British Museum until 1963. The building was built in the Romanesque architecture styles Captain Francis Fowke (1823-1865) and after his dead by Alfred Waterhouse (1830-1905), who gave the building his name: Waterhouse Building. Work began in 1873 and was completed in 1880. The new museum opened in 1881, although the move from the old museum was not fully completed until 1883. The museum is home to life and earth science specimens comprising some 70 million items within five main collections: Botany, Entomology, Mineralogy, Palaeontology and Zoology.