The New Townhall is located at the northern part of Marienplatz in Munich and it hosts the city government including the city council, offices of the mayors and part of the administration. It was built between 1867 and 1909 by Georg von Hauberrisser in a Gothic Revival architecture style. It covers an area of 9159 m² having 400 rooms. The front façade has got stained glass windows, vaulted ceilings, intricately carved woodworkings, and a labyrinth-patterned floor in the inner courtyard. On the top thrones the Münchner Kindl, a glockenspiel, which performances every day at 11am and 5pm.