Urals Chemical Engineering Plant (Uralhimmash)
Uralhimmash was founded in 1942 during World War II on the basis of the “Bolshevik” Plant that had been evacuated there from Kiev. At first, there was only weapons production but even before the end of the war, production was converted to civil use. In the 1950s, Uralhimmash concentrated on the mass production of equipment for the chemical industry. In the 1980s, the plant started to cooperate with companies in the oil and gas field, introduced the production of cylinders, gasometers and complex
installations for the oil refining industry. At the same time, a number of projects were carried out for the nuclear power industry. After the plant was modernized in the 21st Century, the production of high-tech equipment became possible.