The Voznesensko-Feodosievskaya Church
In May 1723, according to W. Henning's written order, the construction of a new copper-smelting plant began on the Egoshiha River, a tributary of the Kama. However, by the end of the 18th Century, the ore deposits had been depleted, and the worker settlement nearby became "the main inventory on the Kama". In 1780, Catherine the Great decreed that this settlement be renamed Perm and become the capital of a new province. In the 19th Century, the city became an important administrative center on the crossroads of rivers and railways. The population of modern Perm is one million and it is still the capital city of Permsky Province (Permsky Krai). The Voznesensko-Feodosievskaya Church, built in the "Russian style", remains a symbol of the old, pre-revolutionary Perm.
>>> The Voznesensko-Feodosievskaya Church