Nizhny Tagil Museum-Reserve of Mining and Metallurgy of the Middle Urals, 1930
The original plant in Nizhny Tagil was founded in 1725 by Akinfiy Demidov, a well-known industrialist in the Urals. The plant was the largest not only in the Urals, but also in all of Russia. Steel of the highes quality was produced there and most of it was exported to England and other European countries. At the beginning of the 19th Century, the first railroad in Russia was built here by Brothers Cherepanov. In 1930, the plant was remodeled and new installed blast furnaces made the steel production process much more effective. in 1987, the plant was closed and transformed into a museum plant, similar to the museum in the Rhur Region of Germany.