Genoa, Galleria di Palazzo Reale, La Sala degli Specchi
The Gallery di Palazzo Reale is inside the 17th century building by Stefano Balbi. It was then enlarged by the Durazzo family before passing to the Savoy kingdom in 1824. In the Courtyard there are hanging gardens, which were created in 1739. In the interior is a monumental staircase which was created to go up to the aristocratic floor. The rooms there are richly decorated with frescoes, paintings and stuccoes. They still contain many of the original furniture and picture galleries. Today the building is the regional seat of the Ministry for Cultural Heritage.