Genoa, Palazzo Doria (Camera di Commercio di Genova)
The Palazzo Doria was built for Andrea Doria 1563 by architect Bernardino Cantone. The palazzo was conceived as a celebration of the greatness of Andrea himself and Carlo V of Spain. It was built outside the city walls as an autonomous estate, endowed with its own private port, and a vast terraced garden spreading behind it. The building houses artwork of Perin del Vaga and sculptures of T. Carlone and G.A. Montorsoli which can be seen in the museum located in the Palazzo.