Genoa, Palazzo Balbi Senarega 2 (Facoltà di Lettere e Filosofia)
The Palazzo Balbi Senarega was constructed between 1618 and 1620 to a plan by the architect Bartolomeo Bianco. The palace is the home of several of the departments of the University’s Faculty of Literature and Philosophy. The building was designed over two floors, and has been frescoed by D. Piola, V. Castello, G. and L. De Ferrari, and D. Fiasella – the result of two investors Giacomo and Pantaleo wishing to add to the splendour of the building. It also has a fabulous garden complete with a pond full of lilies which was recently restored.