The Hall of Prayer for Good Harvests
The Hall of Prayer for Good Harvests is part of the Temple of Heaven in the southeastern central part of Beijing. The hall, which was built in 1420, was restored and given its present name in 1751. The complete Hall of Prayer for Good Harvests was burned down by a fire caused by lightening in 1989. The current building was then re-built some years after the incident. A six-meter-high, triple-tiered circular stone terrace forms the base of the structure. The hall is 32 meters high and 30 meters in diameter. It consists only of wooden bars, laths and brackets and no steel and cement were used.