Hirsch, R., 2011. Exploring Color Photography: From Film to Pixels, 5th edition. Burlington: Focal Press
Exploring Color Photography continues to provide a stimulating introduction to approaches, images, techniques, safety, and history of color photography. Now, this classic text has been completely revamped for the digital age. Accurate step-by-step instruction, superb illustrative charts, and inspirational imagery guide your exploration in all aspects of color photo-based work. Coupled with insights from world-renowned artists and challenging exercises, this book provides comprehensive and reliable foreknowledge of key color processes. Features include:
- Trusted one-stop source of color photography.
- Pioneering aesthetic, conceptual, and technical instruction.
- Multidimensional approach to imagemaking that combines digital and analog systems
- Innovative and diverse images by 250 international artists, professionals, teachers, and students.
- Full-color, pullout timeline of vital color photography and historical events.
- Companion website featuring portfolios and commentary of contemporary artists.